For the last few centuries, education was primarily imparted through books and lectures with a certain amount of dialogue between teacher and student. For the most part, the student and the teacher needed to be physically present in the space for learning to take place. However, with the internet and the rise in free video conferencing software, students today are taught in a way that is fun, interactive and does not require them to be physically present in the same space at the teacher.
Features of free video conferencing for students?
- It enables students to access international education resources at a minimal cost
- It is a systematic learning platform
- Unlike the use of videos, it allows for interactive learning in real time without a change in physical location.
- It gives students who cannot afford expensive courses the chance to learn from experts in their chosen fields at a minimal cost
- It creates a virtual classroom with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for teachers and students alike
- No barriers of location, so students can access learning programs from anywhere in the world
- It is the perfect platform for distance learning courses
How do you increase communication and interaction between teachers and students using free video conferencing?
- Encourage dialogue between teachers and students. Give them time to ask questions and to answer them. Any dissemination of information should done via presentations or reading material so that you can get the most from a webinar.
- Encourage students to interact with each other with debates, dialogues, or any other interactive techniques
- Access to different subjects and an open learning module allows students to learn a wide variety of things without being restricted by course structures.
- Leave some space during every session to solve doubts or give feedback on assignments.