One of the most important communication tools of the digital age is video conferencing. This service has had a huge impact on the operational efficiency of certain tasks within a business. Many companies have used different types of free video conferencing solutions to achieve various goals, such as market research, marketing, reaching out to customers and also as a tool of CRM.
What are the different types of free video conferencing?
· Telepresence: The highest form of video conferencing, it involves sophisticated technology and uses a higher fidelity of video and sound to allow a person to feel as though they are physically present at a location.
· Desktop: This is the most common form of video conferencing and is conducted via a regular computer or laptop. It requires minimal investment in terms of hardware and is extremely convenient.
· Hybrid: This type of free video conferencing service combines 2-3 different types and forms a hybrid.
· Service based: These are usually professionally managed video conferencing services by telecom companies to assist different companies in the service sector.
The different types of solutions are used by different types of companies and professionals for different reasons. Telepresence for example has been largely and enthusiastically adopted by the medical field. While businesses and corporations tend to use desktop or service based video conferencing solutions for daily communication and marketing.
Uses of video conferencing free in the medical community
· Surgeons and doctors can consult each other over long distances.
· Remote surgery with the help of Telepresence and telerobotics is gaining momentum and popularity. It can make a huge difference to soldiers in the field and it can used to provide them with immediate medical assistance.
· It allows patients in remote areas to gain access to and consult with doctors irrespective of distance. This also makes access to medical consultation cheaper and easier.
· Sharing of research reports, presentations, and new products can also be done using video conferencing free.
Video conferencing solutions and their use in business organizations
· Webinars are a great substitute for meetings, both intra and inter company. Presentations which are a very important tool used by most businesspeople during meetings can be shared using webinars, wherein a simultaneous explanation of the same can be achieved.
· Training modules are easier to execute via video conference as it allows a company to reach out to more employees and reduces or eliminates travel time and cost.
Perhaps one of the most innovative and important uses of free video conferencing is its use an effective marketing tool. It allows businesses to reach out to potential customers, engage them and effectively translate that engagement into a sale.